This quinoa salad is one of my favorite quick dinners! I started making it when I lived in Paris and didn’t have much time to cook for myself dinner all the time. It’s a quick, easy, and healthy dinner or lunch recipe!
- 200 g quinoa (or you can use precooked if you don't want to cook it)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 bell pepper I prefer yellow or orange, but you can use whichever you prefer
- 50 g fresh red cabbage
- 50 g pecan
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
To cook the quinoa
- Boil 1 liter of water in a pan. When it's boiling, add in the quinoa and cook for 15 minutes on medium or until it's to your taste (I prefer it still a little crunchy).
- Drain the water from the pot and let the quinoa cool.
Make the salad
- When the quinoa is cooled, start cutting the vegetables.
- Dice the tomatoes, the bell pepper, and the cabbage.
- Add the vegetables into the quinoa and mix.
- Chop the pecan and add to the salad.
- Peel the garlic cloves and using a press and it to the salad.
To make the vinaigrette
- To make the vinaigrette add the following directly into the salad bowl with the ingredients.
- Pour olive oil, then balsamic vinegar over the salad and mix. Taste the salad and add olive or vinegar if needed.
- Then sprinkle salt and pepper and mix again. Taste and add more if needed.
And voilà, you have a healthy and easy meal. Of course, you can substitute for any vegetable you like, I often add cucumbers instead of bell peppers.