M&Ms cookies are one of my favorite recipes to make; they are easy and don’t require a lot of baking knowledge so that anyone can make them! They are really super easy to make so you can bake them with your kids or just on your own!
These M&Ms cookies have kind of become a staple for my friends as I bake them really often. It’s even become something that I bake to give away as a present. And my best friend is in love with these M&Ms cookies. But, without further introduction, you can read the recipe right here.
- 2 cups flour + 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 170 g salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 205°C or 400°F.
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the melted butter and both sugars.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla extract and mix.
- Add the flour a little by little until the dough looks like a ball.
- Add the M&Ms and mix well.
- Make little balls of doughs, put them on a baking sheet, and add more M&Ms on top of the cookies.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes in the oven.
To go a bit further
When I first did the recipe, I used Smarties instead of M&Ms as they were smaller. But the problem is, they almost all melted in the oven when I was baking them. So I decided to use M&Ms, and they didn’t melt, but they kind of broke in the oven. But that added an extra “thing” into the cookies.
Of course, you can substitute the M&Ms for any chocolatey thing that you like. It doesn’t really matter what’s inside the cookies. But just be careful because the smaller they are, the higher chance that they’ll just melt in the oven when you bake them.