Coconut macaroons are one of my favorite snacks every. And I don’t know about you. But when I’m watching a movie or reading a book, I’m always eating something. This is kind of a problem right now, as I am quarantined at home, with nothing more to do than reading, watch TV and movies! 😜
For my first recipe on my blog, I wanted to do something easy that anyone could make at home! It’s also a great recipe because it’s quick and delicious. Without further ado, here’s my recipe for coconut macaroons.
- 1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (or 350°F for our American friends).
- Mix the shredded coconut, the sugar, the flour, and the salt together in a bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites and the vanilla extract until they form peaks.
- Mix the egg whites with the coconut mix and then put the balls of the mixture into an oven rack. Try spacing them out so that when they cook they don't end up touching each other. (Little tips to balling up the mixture, try using an ice cream scoop so that they end up perfectly round).
- Cook them for 15 to 18 minutes.
To go a bit further…
If you want to try and add chocolate to them, it’s super easy.
Just melt a bit of dark chocolate in the microwave. Or you can do it in the bain-marie, it’s better to melt the chocolate that way because you don’t risk burning it. To do it, it’s easy, put water in a pot, and wait for the water to boil. Put your chocolate in a bowl, preferably in glass or metal. It has to be able to feel the heat from the water boiling. When the water is boiling, put your bowl over it and wait for the heat to spread and melt the chocolate. You can also see the technique right here. It’s quite easy to do, just be careful, or you’ll risk burning yourself.
Once it’s completely melted, just dunk the macaroons a little bit in the chocolate bowl and let it harden on a platter. Or you can do it like me and sprinkle the chocolate with a spoon on top of the macaroons! 😉
And voilà, there you have it, coconut macaroons but a chocolate layer!
Tell me if you want me to post more recipes on this blog. It can be things you can eat while reading or watching a movie. Or even more elaborate recipes you can do for fun. Of course, I love baking the most, but I can do more recipes about appetizers or even complete dishes. Anyway, tell me if you have any suggestions!